Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Chemo Effects

Well I've had my chemo and now I am feeling it's effects and I don't like it.  When I came home the first time, I slept.  Friday I felt weird, but OK.  I could manage it.  Saturday and Sunday not so much.

Saturday was bad.  I can't even explain how it feels.  Like there is something bad coursing through my veins.  I felt tired and sick and jittery and sore and like I have the flu.  But like no other flu you've ever had before. The nausea comes and goes and comes again.  The ache parts are there most of the time. The ativan helps some for the jitters and lets me relax a little.  I still can't poop.  I know that you don't want to know, but I can't.  I look forward to it though.  I ate a little bit at a time, but I was never quite sure if I should or not. 

Saturday night was even worse.  The nausea was bad, even after the meds.  I just couldn't go down to sleep.  The ativan is the only thing that helped.  That didn't even last, I had to take more in the middle of the night. 

All I can say is that I don't like it at all. 

Sunday is better.  Still so tired that I can't do much of anything.  I can focus a little better today.  Be able to read and watch TV.  Not so much nausea today.  I'm able to eat a little here and there, some soup and crackers and the like.  I feel like I am on the way up at least.  I will just have to manage the symptoms now. 

One down five more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment