Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dancing in the Rain

Shortly after my surgery, I was at the grocery store and saw a card.  It said "Life is not waiting for the storms to pass, It's about learning to Dance in the Rain"  or something like that.  I want to Dance in the Rain! 

I am thinking today about how lucky I am.  Cancer is bad, don't get me wrong, but I am finding the lucky in it.  I am lucky that I had symptoms, what would it be like if I didn't - I can't even imagine.  I am lucky that I am stage one.  There are not enough stage ones out there, women don't find out nearly soon enough.  I am lucky. 

I am lucky that I have great insurance.  How much harder would it be if we couldn't pay for all of these meds and treatments.  I have never been to the doctors or had so many prescriptions in my entire life.  It can be very daunting, but I am lucky. 

I am not alone - there are so many people that are alone in this fight.  I have so many people here for me - my beautiful husband.  I couldn't do this without him, even though this is so beyond hard for him, I need him so much and I appreciate him so much.  I have my parents.  This is killing them inside, but they are here with me every step of the way- with out fail.  I have so many people praying for me - sending me cards - just being there for me.  I have found so much kindness in the world that I really didn't think existed.  I am so lucky. 

I want to live my life.  I don't want to waist the gifts that God has given me.  He is the one that made me so lucky.  I want to live my life like it was meant to be. 

I want to Dance in the Rain!!

4 comments:

  1. God is so good!!!!! He has something special for you!!!! So you dance in the Rain!!! Love you Mom and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Misho, from Wayne and Kathy.

    I had gotten behind on reading your blogs ( about 2 weeks, I think) but today something happened that made me catch up.

    This morning, Wayne had a cataract removed by Dr. Reiser in Kingston. While there, he was talking to one of this nurses who said that she had formerly worked at Mercy hospital. Sooooooo Wayne asked her if she knew you, and she said that SHE DID! He thinks her name was Eileen Atar. In the course of the conversation, he shared with her about your present challenge. I hope that is OK. She said that she would say a prayer for you. We thought you would like to know that.

    Despite the fact that we were on our way home, only an hour after his proceedure, he could already tell that he could see better. We are thankful.

    I hope you know that we continue to pray for you daily. Your blog is an inspiration to many. Also, we were touched by Jim's honest feelings. When we pray for you, we also pray for Jim and Devon, and your parents.

    Love ya'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta girl! I'm proud of you .. keep dancing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is right!!! You are so blessed!!! This verse came to mind..... Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    Praying for you.......

    ReplyDelete