Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hanging in There

I am starting to feel better - a lot faster this time I think.  I did laundry and the dishes today.  That is something for me.  I am tired of being tired though.  It is hard to feel so good last week and then everything over the weekend was so hard.  I slept though the treatment on Thursday and then for the evening.  Friday was OK - not much nausea which was nice.  The Dr. changed my premeds around and I think that really helped.  The weekend I didn't really get off the couch much.  I tried to fold laundry and it just made me exhausted.  Monday night I got sick again - like last time.  I think that after that I start to feel better.  I just want to feel normal again.  August seems so far away. 

My hair is falling out a lot now.  I don't know what to do with it.  should I just shave it off or try to keep it as along as I can.  I have a bridal shower to go to on Sunday.  I don't want to be bald, but at this rate - I think that I will be.  I just want to look OK, you know.  I have to make sure that I have a hat to match what ever I am going to wear.  I just think that I look so bad these days - I'm cut up like a Christmas turkey, my hair is gray and falling out.  It does something to your self esteem.  I know that it is going to be OK and that it will grow back and that I will look good again, but it seems like a long way off.  I don't think that I will have hair again until Thanksgiving. 

I am going for reflexology at a Cancer Resource center tomorrow.  I am looking forward to it.  I am hoping that it lifts my spirits a little.  I have been having neuropathy in my hands and feet this time.  Maybe this will help that.  It makes it hard to sleep when  the soles of your feet ache. 

I am doing OK.  Better than I thought I would be now.  I just want this to be over.  That's all. 

1 comment:

  1. Misho,
    what about getting a wig, I had a co-worker who had breast cancer in her 20's and at first wore hats and scarves. She got a wig, and was much happier. She felt much better self esteem wise, she said she could go to the store and not get the "pitty" stares from strangers. It really helped her get through the whole ordeal.
    Heather Fisher Walton

    ReplyDelete