Friday, March 23, 2012

A Few Good Days

The last few days have been good. I am starting to feel more like myself. I wasn't sure I would ever feel good again.

Wednesday Jim and I went out to do some errands.  Just to get out of the house.  I thought he had something up his sleeve.  I always know.  We went and got a bird feeder so that I could watch the birds this summer, went to the bank and the dentist.  Then he started to head into town.  "Why are we going this way?"  He said to never mind.  He took me to the mall - we never go to the mall.  Then to Radio Shack.  I don't need anything there.  We went in and He bought me an iPad!  The new one!  I never thought about getting one, but I love it.  He wanted to do something nice for me - to surprise me.  I love him for that.  He was so Happy that he pulled one over on me.  That never happens.  I had so much fun with it, it made me smile.  It was nice to smile. 

Yesterday I went for a walk all by myself. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I got dressed myself,  put my shoes on myself, tied them myself and walked myself.  It felt so good to feel the warm air and the sun shine on my face.  It made me feel like I was on my own.  It was the first time I was doing something completely alone in four or five weeks.  That is a long time for someone like me!  I even helped make dinner.  That is something I haven't done either.  I haven't been able to do  clean, do dishes, do laundry or anything.  That was kind of nice - The only good thing that I can think of that came out of this whole thing.  That and I now have nice fingernails. 

We are almost done with the lovenox shots too.  I have been watching the pile of 30 syringes go down ever since I got home.  Every morning Jim would give me a shot in my belly and I would cross one off in my head.  I know that it was so hard for him to get me up at six in the morning hurt me with a shot.  Now there are only three left. It will be BIG when that is over. 

I am glad that I am getting stronger before I start the Chemo.  I feel like it is not quite so big today. 

2 comments: