Friday, June 15, 2012

Just an update

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to check in with you.  Things here are moving along with out much fan fare.  I had blood work on Wednesday.  It came back good - probably the best it has been in quite a while.  I think that it is the two shots of neupogen that I got last week.  They really hurt, but apparently they work. 

while we were in for my blood work at the cancer center, there were these young girls selling wrist bands - like the live strong ones - a different color for each kind of cancer.  My color is teal, in case you were wondering.  Jim bought a bunch of them and we each put one on.  It seems mindless and like a little bid of nothing to wear a wrist band.  It is supposed to say they you support someone or remind you of someone.  Jim said that his is just a little to small - that it pinches him and is a bother.  Mine, on the other hand, is to big.  It moves up and down and gets caught all the time.  It occurred to me that these bands are a lot like cancer.  They don't fit anyone.  They get in the way.  And all you want to do is take them off.  The difference is that I can't take mine off, it is in the way of my life and it sure doesn't fit. 

I took my band off, I wish I could take my cancer off - but I can't. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish you could take your Cancer off, but you cant, I just wish who ever reads your blog can tell you how they feel, Even if they don't know how.!!!!! Comments are Connections, and You need more Comments!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      I wish I knew what to say, you have been through so much pain, so much pain......I know your story, I know what you have been through,.......I wish everyone would comment for you.......you deserve it....!!!

      Delete