Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Four down, Two to Go......

Well, here we go again! Treatment number 4 is about to begin. It's 6 days behind due to Misho's bloodwork being low. (Guest Blogger Jim is posting today) Thankfully the 6 day wait, a shot of nupegen and lots of rest did the trick. Her blood work is better this morning than it was last time so I am hoping that her post treatment days will be better than last time. ......She has her pre-meds hanging now and she is driftng off to sleep as I type.... She woke up this morning and was upset, she did'nt sleep well and her mind was going places it should'nt. It does that sometimes, seems to creep up and come out of nowhere. We asked for a window seat today, it's away from the nurse's station and bathed in sunlight, there is a fountain outside and lots of blooming plants. The cancer center is slow today, I'm thankful for that. Misho went to support group last night. She came home looking so much better. I am so proud of her for going. She knows how important it is not to keep things inside, how free it feels to speak them and then let them go. I think it must be so hard to keep things bottled up, to not think of or share your cares and concerns with someone. 10:03 am, chemo starting, she is awake watching "Ellen"......soon asleep......very tired today. 11:20 am, asleep again. 12:00 pm, restess, walked around. lunch and some friends visiting from work. 12:30 pm, asleep again. 1:00 pm, first 500cc bag is done. 1:45 pm, second med done. 2:00 pm, on our way home. 66.66% of her Chemo treatments are behind us now! 2:45 pm, asleep on the couch.......peacefully. It feels good to "turn the corner" with the treatments. It also feels like it will never end. It gets "old" after awhile.....bloodwork,appointments,chemo......etc.... etc... each day brings us closer to the end and that does feel good.... I have to say sometimes I can't believe this is happening to us.. and to me. Having gone thru this before, makes my journey now harder and I feel very scared at times. Today I also felt strong for me and especially for Misho. I felt that we are slowly getting thru this. It is a very difficult place to be, but having each other is comforting. Jim Misho said some of you are having difficulty posting comments. I used "Internet Explorer" to find Mish's Blog and did not any problem commenting. We really like when you comment, it makes us feel more connected and understood. Thanks, Jim

4 comments:

  1. So glad 4 down and 2 to go!
    Misho, I'm glad you have a wonderful, supportive, loving husband to help you through this. I can't imagine how hard it is.
    Keep stong!!!! YOU WILL BEAT THIS!!!
    Heather Walton
    Jim,
    I'm glad you blog too, it's nice to see how much you care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Misho's and Jim..... I'm just catching up on the blog. I'm so sorry your treatment got delayed. I know it must have been for the best if your levels weren't high enough. But even knowing that I know still so hard to wait. We are praying for you both!!! I'll text you later this week. Maybe you would be up for a short visit. I could bring ice-cream or whatever might sound good! Storming the Gates of Heaven on your behalf!! Much love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for both of you.
    Dan Young

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information re: the BLOG! I just sat down and read the entries. Please know you and yor family are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I am a firm believer that I was at the Cancer Center that day, not only to visit my sister in law's dad .....but to see you and Jim. I was so surprised to learn about your surgery and the chemotherapy you are undergoing. I hope you will call/text me if you need ANYTHING. I truly mean this!
    I want to help if I can....so please let me know. Fate has crossed our paths. You are a ROCK...you will beat this I am sure.
    xoxo Mary P G

    ReplyDelete