Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fair is Over!

Fair is over.  We all survived and are getting ready for the Covered Bridge.  I spent way to much time on the couch this year!  I am surprised how little time I was able to work.  I really thought that I would do better - I am disappointed in myself.  Everyone was fine with me going home and resting and I appreciate that, but I would rather be the strong one.  The one that can muscle through it.  Apparently I am not that person! 

Everyone is also wondering when I am going back to work.  I am wondering that myself!  If fair taught me anything, it is that I am not ready to go back yet.  I didn't work eight hours in a row all week.  I did a lot of laundry and some cooking at home and then went in and tired to work some.  The thought of being on my feet all day and being responsible for patients - I'm just not there yet.  The insurance keeps calling and so did my boss.   I want to say that I am strong and ready, but I'm just not. 

I get my ports out in two weeks and I am excited about that!  It is another procedure, but it will be so nice to be done with them.  They don't hurt - they are just irritating more than anything - a reminder of all that I have been through.  Looking in the mirror is quite a reminder as well!  My hair is going back - more gray than I would like - and the wrong color.  I can't wait until I can color it.  My eyebrows are back as well.  I may have to have them waxed soon.   That will certainly be a milestone, won't it! 

I have set a goal for myself.  I am writing it so that I will HAVE to do it.  All of you who read this blogg will be my witness.  Don't let me out of it!  This Sunday Candy's place is haveing a 10 K relay.  Next Year I AM Going To RUN the ENTIRE THING!!!  That is my Goal.  I will be well enough and strong enough.  I will Do It! 

That is all for now.  All and all I am doing well and getting stronger every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment