Monday, July 23, 2012

Treatment Tomorrow

It is like a carrot on a stick.  They just keep dangling the end of this thing - or nightmare, depending on how you look at it - in front of my nose and pulling it away.  I had blood work today - expecting my platelets to be back again.  Well, they were, but my white counts were to low.  Was not expecting that. 

The Dr. said that I could try today for my treatment if my platelets came up.  So I went in today - accessed my port and had my blood work drawn - and waited for them to tell me that I could go.  They did not.  Dr. Said NO.  But I got a neupogen shot and I can have my treatment for sure tomorrow. 

I feel like it is never going to be over.  I get myself all worked up and then get shot down - twice now.  I am glad that I know tomorrow will be it.   Then there will be a whole new set of things to think about, but for now I am going to be happy when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment