Thursday, July 12, 2012

The count down begins

Today is the beginning of the countdown to the last treatment!  One week from today could be my last treatment EVER!!!  The problem is that I'm not sure that it is going to go off. 

I went for blood work today. I had let myself forget what it was like there.  I still hate walking in - even though everyone there is wonderful.  They are so caring - beyond my understanding - they always try to make me laugh even when I'm so sad. 

I asked for blood work today because I didn't feel good and I want to do everything that I can to make sure that I can get my treatment.  Well, I'm really glad that I did.  It is in the toilet to say the least!  Everything is to low. And then I heard the words that I was dreading, but knew were coming - "Have you had a transfusion yet?"  No I have not!  But I am now - back to the Cancer Center - my second trip for today - for a type and cross.  Tomorrow I go for two units of whole blood.  Yuck!  It should take about five hours, so it will be just like another treatment - except I should feel a lot better after it is over.  I sure hope so. 

I am getting better at dealing with this whole thing.  I have been prepared for most everything that has come my way recently.  This blood work thing - I was not prepared.  I just thought I was gonna get through this less scathed than I have.  I just need for this to be OVER! 

I guess that this will all be worth it in the end.  To be healthy again - to be able to do what I want again.  Sometimes it is just hard to see. 

My life has been moving along.  We had Devin's graduation party and she and Jim have gone for orientation for college.  We are trying to saver every moment - everything goes by so fast.  Devin gave me an Anniversary card on the fourth of July.  It had been 10 years since we meet at the fireworks at Kirby park.  It seems like yesterday. 

We are doing OK.  I don't want you to think that it is all bad here.  We do find the time to appreciate each other and everything around us. 

The light at the end is near.  Seven days to go - I hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment