Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hi, I'm back again

Hi everyone, sorry that it has been so long.  Things have been a little crazy around here.  I am feeling better a little at a time.  I wish it was faster, but I am on my way to being myself again.  I don't have the stamina that I wish I had, but at least I am moving around again.  I usually have a few good days where I feel almost normal, but then the next few days I am on the couch again - the time on the couch seems to be getting shorter.  I have tried to start exercising - boy am I out of shape. Six months of being sedentary has taken it's tole on my body - that and being cut up like a Christmas Turkey! 

My hair is starting to come back.  It just makes my head and face look dirty.  I'm glad that it is coming back though.  I am not glad that my 'old lady hairs' and my mustache came back first and in full force.  I thought that they might not - that would have been one good thing about this whole thing, but I guess I will just continue to be hairy. 

I had a ca125 and a cat scan last week and they both came back NORMAL!!  I am so relieved, to say the least.  I was not really worried, but it is nice to hear it.  Next I have two appointments with my surgeon and my oncologist in two weeks and then I can get my ports out.  That will make me very happy!

Devin has gone off to college this past week.  That has been a bit traumatic here at home.  Her father and I delivered her to school on Saturday.  It was hard to leave her there, but we are so proud of her.  The house is a little quiet and the dog is missing her alot - as is her Dad. 

Jim's Mom has also been in and out of the hospital and a local nursing home in the last few months.  That has been weighing on us greatly. 

Apple dumpling weekend is coming fast.  I know that I won't be able to do what I did in the past, but I should be able to help some.  Probably a sitting job - I always wanted one of those - not like this, but I guess I'll just take what I can get. 

All in all, we are on our way to feeling better and getting back to a 'Normal' life - what ever that is.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing so well, thank you God! Please keep my friend Sharyn in your prayers, she's not doing too good right now.
    Love, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete